“Ice Cream Makes You Happy”
It’s still cold outside but my cravings for ice cream never stop in the cold. Molly Moon’s Homemade Ice Cream always fulfills my cravings for ice cream.
Not only does Molly Moon’s have great ice cream, but the smell of Molly Moon’s waffle cones that are freshly baked in the shop never fails me lead to walk into the shop. After trying multiple flavors of ice cream at Molly Moon’s, my all time favorites come down to these two flavors.
- Original Strawberry: It is classic to every ice cream shop. I don’t usually get strawberry flavor ice cream because it tastes too artificial and too sweet. However, you can tell the difference between artificial and handmade ice cream once you try Molly Moon’s original strawberry flavor – the chunks of Washington-grown strawberry of Molly Moon’s make it a lot more special!
- Stumptown Coffee: This is my all time favorite! I’m a big coffee and ice cream lover and can’t resist not to skip on the combination of good coffee beans and ice cream. The coffee beans add the perfect amount of bitterness and crunches to this smooth, rich cappuccino flavor ice cream. You won’t disappoint!
When I tried Molly Moon’s for the first time, which was about 6 years ago, I wasn’t too impressed with their ice cream because I didn’t think their selections of flavors didn’t stand apart from others – strawberry, chocolate, coffee, vanilla, mint, which were to be found in any other ice cream shops. To be honest, I hadn’t gone back to Molly Moon’s for about a year since my first visit. I gave it another try one day and finally started to understand why people rave about Molly Moon’s ice cream!
Don’t forget to ask for samples and try their seasonal flavors! The seasonal flavors bring so much unique selections, including fruity sorbet!
- Why I love Molly Moon’s: Strawberry and stumptown coffee!
- What I wish it was different: More unique regular flavors. Wish earl grey flavor had much more earl grey in it
- Capitol Hill: 917 E Pine St, Seattle, WA 98122 (b/t Broadway & Nagle Pl)
- University District: 2615 NE 46th St, Seattle WA 98105
- Lower Queen Anne: 321 W Galer St, Seattle WA 98119
- Wallingford (the Original Shop): ½ 1622 N 45th St, Seattle WA 98103
- Always flavors: Original Strawberry/Vanilla Bean/Earl Grey/Maple Walnut/’Scout’ Mint/Stumptown Coffee/Honey Lavender/Salted Caramel/Melted Chocolate/Cookie Dough
- Current seasonal flavors can be found here: http://www.mollymoon.com/